Customer Service Advisor (Part Time)
Main responsibilities and functions
• To assist in ensuring the property is managed and operated in line with agreed operating principles to support the achievement of our company goal to be industry leading in service levels to students, parents and stakeholders
• Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Living’ student welfare and support services.
• Provide front of house reception duties including, but not limited to, answering telephone queries, dealing with student/general queries, mail handling.
• Facilitating approved access for visitors and contractors, and general completion of health & safety administration (Contractor work permits, site safety rules etc)
• Logging of maintenance requests
• Assisting with the completion of tenancy agreements
• Inputting of student data into the relevant systems
• Help to enhance the student experience within the social communal areas
• Assist with arrival and departure procedures ensuring efficiencies and room management procedures are adhered to Financial
• Assist in the Management of payment, debt management and invoicing.
• Work with internal and external partners to improve services, value for money and profitability.
Marketing & promotion
• Assist the Management team to ensure that all information provided to customers on the residence, including social and academic support services is both accurate and updated regularly – to include printed collateral, web-based information and social networking sites.
• Assist in marketing of the property to direct let customers where required
• Assist in marketing to existing customers to maximise returner students
• Assist in marketing and management of lettings including short-term contracts and summer lets
• Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate
• To assist with open days
• Conduct sales viewings to perspective students
• Assist in preparing and managing the student social programme.
• To ensure that a service level agreement with Kaplan International Colleges are met and that any shortfalls are documented and reported to the Management team.
• Assist to develop and maintain policies and procedures in accordance with legislation and ANUK Accreditation Scheme along external/internal audits.
• To support colleagues at both Kaplan International College and KIC HQ with regards to requirements under immigration legislation
Any other duties as required by the Management team
The successful applicant will:
• Provide cheerful reception service to all students and visitors
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills including the proven ability to engage with customers and colleagues alike
• Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Living
• Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
• Have experience in a customer facing environment
• Have experience of working in an effective Health & Safety culture in line with legislation
• Have good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and be adaptable to foster new skills to operate Kaplan’s internal management systems
• Ability to offer flexibility in working hours
• Maintain confidentiality of anything discussed, overheard or dealt with whilst carrying out the role
Essential skills/ experience
• Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally accommodation
• Be able to engage in team work
• To be able to work on own initiative
• Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Kaplan International is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com