Senior Procurement Managers x 3
The Parliamentary Procurement and Commercial Service (PPCS) is responsible for all procurement processes conducted in the House of Lords, House of Commons and the Parliamentary Digital Service. It provides professional procurement and commercial services and ensures compliance with the Houses’ procurement policies. Parliament procures a wide range of goods and services in a Public Sector context requiring the highest standards of compliance and value for money.
PPCS has four teams each supporting distinct areas of the business: Estates; ICT; Services and Supplies and Governance. The role being advertised is to work as a Procurement Officer specifically within the Services and Supplies Team which embraces a wide range of requirements including facilities management; food and beverages for on-site restaurants and retail outlets; printing and publishing; furnishing; consultancy contracts; training, broadcasting; learning & development and HR contracts etc.
To support the Services and Supplies Category Manager and Senior Procurement in the end-to-end management of the Services and Supplies category across Parliament. The Procurement Manager will take responsibility for the various stages of each procurement including pre-qualification, commercial and technical specification, tendering, tender evaluation, recommendation and award. The Procurement Manager will have responsibility for contract management support and will input into performance or contractual issues as appropriate. They will also be responsible for monitoring the end of contract term and contract renewal arrangements.
The Procurement Officer will contribute, as part of the Category Team, to:
- working closely with suppliers to obtain best value, continuous improvement and innovative results;
- gaining a full understanding of the relevant market-place;
- ensuring the best commercial and required outcomes for the business in addition to a compliant process and result.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Knowledge and experience of providing procurement advice and managing procurement exercises in compliance with public sector procurement regulations and knowledge of EU procurement directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with staff of the House and external advisors at all levels, both specialists and non-specialists.
- Ability to develop rapport with colleagues and contacts, utilising negotiating and influencing skills to produce a positive outcome.
- Well organised, methodical approach to work with an ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Ability to learn quickly and exercise initiative and seek ways to improve service.
- More information can be found in the job description.
We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job. If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email