Customer Service Advisor (Sales & Retention)
About British Gas
As an energy services and solutions company, we put customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do, to add value for all. We share a common purpose to help our customers live sustainably, simply and affordably!
Our people are our best asset and we'd love you to join us! We have some exciting new permanent opportunities to join us as a Customer Service Advisor (Sales & Retention).
About the role
You’ll be responsible for solving a range of enquiries from our residential customers politely and efficiently; whether that involves dealing with a billing query, responding to a change of address or retaining customers who are thinking of leaving us.
You’ll take ownership of each customer, getting to the heart of the query, deciding the best course of action and providing the kind of service that earns our customers’ trust. At the same time, you’ll be promoting our ground breaking products such as Smart metering and Hive remote heating control, helping our customers manage their energy consumption and make savings on their bill.
The Important Stuff!
* Salary: ?20,370.00 pa
* Quarterly performance bonus
* Shift: We are open from 0800-2000
Monday to Friday and 0800-1800 on Saturday, we have a range of shift options working 37 hours per week
* Location: Uddingston, initially home based
* Holidays: 25 days per year
* A generous pension scheme (contributory)
* Private health care
* Plus, a whole host of flexible benefits
What we need from you:
* Suitable home working environment (we’ll provide the computer equipment, but you will need a suitable desk space with no interruptions or distractions)
* Reliable broadband speed of at least 10Mbps download and a similar upload speed
* At least 1 year’s customer service experience and a real passion for delivering a great customer experience
* Excellent communication skills plus you must be computer literate
It’s important that we do the right thing and we will carry out financial, criminal record and reference checks before you start working with us.
Centrica Plc is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org