Base Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £32,800 - £49,300 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Accountant to join the SHE Transmission Financial Control team. This is a challenging but fulfilling role which mainly requires responsibility for profit and loss activities, reporting to the Transmission Finance Manager.
Key activities include;
- Focus on month end profit and loss activities involving use of financial systems to prepare and post journals including accruals and prepayments, variance analysis and liaising with key stakeholders to provide robust commentary in the Transmission MD and Director month end packs
- Significant contribution towards budgeting and forecasting processes including a five-year model view
- Direct business partnering responsibility. This will involve engaging with a wide array of stakeholders to compile an annual budget and manage this through the course of the year via a mix of monthly and quarterly reporting
- Support in fixed assets management and accounting. This will involve asset register management and forward looking activities such as projecting future depreciation scenarios
- Responsibility for Headcount reporting. This will include working with key stakeholders to produce an accurate headcount forecast and translate this into a salary position, reporting both to the MD and Finance Director
SSE plc is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org