Assistant Project Development Manager - Onshore Wind
Base Location: Glasgow or Flexible UK
Salary: £32,900 - £49,300 + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Our Capital Projects teams are responsible for developing and building our Renewables Assets, both onshore and offshore with a focus on maximising the value of our current pipelines, whilst pursuing new markets.
Sitting within the UK Onshore Project Team, your role will involve:
- Assisting the Development Project Managers in managing every aspect of the project development process within the SSE Large Capital Project framework.
- Working with Consents, Planning, Land, Engineering, Financial and Legal experts within the business in the assessment of opportunities, development, refinement and delivery of the projects.
- Collaborating with 3rd party consultants, local authorities, the Scottish Government and joint venture development partners.
- Developing in role and accruing the skills and experience to become a Project Manager.
The team are currently developing a strong pipeline of projects within the Onshore Wind, Pumped Storage Hydro and Solar sectors. The majority are in the UK, with an increasing number being overseas.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in large project/ project development environments, preferably from within the energy market.
- Knowledge of either planning or consenting processes would be highly beneficial.
- Degree qualified or equivalent work experience in a technical, commercial or legal discipline
- The ability to manage varied work streams and budgets across a variety of disciplines, showing strong numerical and analytical skills to deliver business cases.
- A passion for problem solving and thinking flexibly and laterally to find innovative solutions, whilst adhering to a quality assured process.
SSE plc is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org