British Medical Association
The BMA Wales, is looking for a Media Officer to join the team on an initial 4 months fixed term contract with the possibility to extend for further 9 months on a part-time basis.
Reporting to the Head of Media and Public Affairs, the Media Officer will play a vital role within the team and wider BMA through ensuring that the Association is r epresented in the media on key aspects of health policy.
The media officer will:
* have specific responsibility for internal communications and social media.
* sound news judgement,
* enthusiasm and the ability to interpret information and know what makes a story newsworthy
The successful post holder must have:
* the ability to keep a level head during a crisis
* experience dealing with the media,
The British Medical Association (BMA) is the trade union and professional association for doctors providing a wide range of services to its members, including guidance, support and representation.
Why work for us?
As a BMA emplo yee, you`ll receive:
* Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
* Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
* Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
* Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.
British Medical Association is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com