Head of Consumer Credit Risk
Can you provide strategic leadership to a Consumer Credit Risk team? Are you able to develop partnerships with a number of different business areas and external stakeholders? Do you have a wealth of experience in IRB? If yes, than we have the role for you!
As the Head of Consumer Credit Risk, you will have oversight the credit risk of Metro Bank’s Unsecured Consumer and Retail SME lending portfolios to achieve long term sustainable growth. You will also take ownership of mortgage credit risk policy and criteria, development of risk appetite, helping make sure the Bank is holding enough provision and capital to sustain any future losses, and oversight of portfolio risk profile, acquisition and portfolio strategy.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Defining and maintaining the consumer and retail SME credit risk appetite framework
• Reviewing annually the credit risk appetite metrics and associated limits
• Enhancing and developing the monthly portfolio analysis providing effective oversight for the executive leadership and senior management teams
• Maintaining Credit Risk’s target operating model and associated processes and procedures
• Providing senior management with effective oversight of the lending portfolios’ trends, risks and mitigants via annual oversight reviews
• Creating and maintaining relationships with colleagues across the business, the Regulators (PRA, FCA, Bank of England) and audit firms
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have extensive experience in retail credit risk management with a focus on consumer and retail SME lending
• Ideally, you will have detailed working knowledge of all parts of the credit lifecycle (originations, underwriting, portfolio management, collections and recoveries)
• You must have experience of reporting to executive leadership and senior management teams as well as Board
• It is essential, you have knowledge of key risk indicators of a retail portfolio
• Ideally, you will have knowledge of credit risk models and their development life cycle
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
Metro Bank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org