Lead Credit Risk Manager - Data and Reporting
Are you passionate about all things credit risk data? Can you guide and nurture colleagues and help them grow? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Lead Credit Risk Manager - Data and Reporting, you will be responsible for the development, implementation, and effectiveness of our framework for credit risk data, reporting and systems. You will sit at the heart of the Credit Risk team and support the broader function focusing on providing high quality data and reports.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Acting as deputy chair of the Risk Data Mart Steering committee and Credit Risk Data Quality Framework forum
• Creating and maintaining the credit risk data items used for risk reporting, modelling and validation
• Collating and migrating data from current system to strategic risk data mart
• Leading work streams to review and remediate credit risk data quality, data lineage and control processes
• Producing standard and ad hoc credit risk reports and regulatory data submissions
• Supporting the Head of Credit Risk Data and Reporting in defining and implementing a credit risk data, systems and reporting strategy
• Defining and leading work streams to improve the Bank’s credit risk data provision and analysis
• Leading change projects to incorporate new products and portfolios data in the existing and strategic data marts
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have an in depth knowledge of credit risk with focus on best practices in credit risk data management, reporting and measurement
• It is essential, you have an understanding of data systems, architecture, data quality frameworks, controls and procedures
• To exceed in this role, you will require knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements including IRB and IFRS9
• It would be amazing if you had knowledge of SAS/SQL/VBA
• You will need the ability to provide coaching and development support to more junior colleagues in the team
• Ideally, you will have exposure to BCBS 239
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
Metro Bank is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com