Director of Change
General Optical Council
You will join us as Director of Change, to provide professional leadership to the “GOC Refresh” and supporting IT transformation, enabling delivery of the GOC’s 5-year Strategic Plan, which aspires to deliver world-class regulatory practice, improved customer service and continuous improvement.
This is a 3 to 4year fixed term appointment with location flexibility, subject to being able to meet organisational needs. During the pandemic most staff have been able to work from home and post-lockdown we expect to welcome back people to our Old Bailey office for two or three days a week, on average.
Director of Change Responsibilities:
• Lead on translating the existing GOC Refresh roadmap into a detailed plan and clearly defined business cases in order to support achievement of the GOC’s 2020-25 strategy.
• Effectively manage the programme of change and ensure benefits across the organisation are realised.
• Implement the existing IT Strategy, adapted as necessary to support GOC Refresh.
• Establish a new Change Team to lead development of new services and capabilities, including work with the relevant Director(s) to develop and implement a new Customer Care Team and Case Management System
• Establish and implement a new data and insight strategy and capability to inform continuous improvement across the whole organisation.
• Recruit, motivate, manage, and develop the Change and IT teams to deliver required performance levels within budget parameters.
• Set, monitor, and deliver on key performance indicators to ensure teams deliver an effective and responsive service to the organisation.
• Report on progress to SMT, the Audit and Risk Committee and Council in accordance with agreed governance arrangements.
• Contribute to the development of strategy for the organisation, providing relevant input from a functional perspective to shape an effective regulatory service.
• Develop and manage policies and procedures for IT and data insight that support the organisation to improve and deliver effective regulatory policies and service.
• Champion and lead by example in applying corporate policies and procedures.
Director of Change Requirements:
• Professional qualifications related to change management and programme delivery.
• Experience of successful change management delivery in an organisation of similar scale and complexity within a public sector, regulatory or charity context.
• Experience of business improvement and support for busy teams outside the direct line to deliver against challenging transformation goals.
• Experience of operating at board or committee level.
• Strong influencing and communication skills with credibility among internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong management and leadership skills in line with GOC values
• Skilled in delivering through collaboration with others
About The General Optical Council:
We are the regulator for the optical professions in the UK. We currently register around 30,000 optometrists, dispensing opticians, student opticians and optical businesses.
Location: London, EC4M 7NG
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Full Time, 34.75 per week
Salary: £76,993 - £90,580 per annum, plus competitive benefits
You may have experience of the following: Digital Change Manager, Change Manager, Change Management, Digital Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Management, Continuous Improvement Manager, Continuous Improvement, Service Delivery Manager, etc.
General Optical Council is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com