Director of Corporate Services
£76,993 - £90,580
General Optical Council
You’ll provide professional and strategic leadership to our corporate services functions so the organisation is viable, efficient, and enabled to provide a high performing, sustainable, equitable and inclusive regulatory service.
This is a full-time permanent role with location flexibility subject to being able to meet organisational needs. During the pandemic most staff have been able to work from home and post-lockdown we expect to welcome back people to our Old Bailey office for two or three days a week, on average.
Director of Corporate Services Responsibilities:
• Translate Council objectives into a plan with clearly defined business cases to aid achievement of objectives within own functional area.
• Develop and implement a finance and investment strategy and budget which protects the organisation from risk, meets statutory requirements and enables delivery of an effective regulatory service.
• Develop and implement a people strategy which builds capacity and capability to deliver an effective regulatory service with a strong EDI focus.
• Develop and implement an estates strategy anticipating the end of our current lease and the impact of Covid-19 on working practices.
• Recruit, motivate, manage, and develop functional teams with the flexibility and capability to deliver required performance levels within budget parameters.
• Set, monitor, and deliver on key performance indicators for Corporate Services to ensure it delivers an effective and responsible service to the organisation.
• Contribute to the development of the strategy for the organisation, providing relevant input from a functional perspective to shape an effective regulatory service.
• Support development of the annual Business Plan and Annual Report and Accounts.
• Identify, shape, and deliver organisation-wide initiatives to improve efficiency.
• Develop and manage policies and procedures for facilities, finance, HR, in-house legal, and risk management that help the organisation to improve and deliver an effective regulatory service.
• Champion and lead by example in applying corporate policies and procedures.
• Provide guidance to the Chief Executive on matters of financial probity to ensure the organisation complies with statutory requirements, professional standards and internal policies and procedures.
• Lead responsibility for the Audit Risk & Finance Committee, the Investment Committee and Remuneration Committee; including management and
• coordination of the Internal and External audit requirements of the organisation.
Director of Corporate Services Requirements:
• Educated to degree level or with relevant professional qualifications or experience in one or more of the functional areas of the role.
• Experience of successful delivery within a public sector, regulatory or charity context.
• Experience of operating at board or committee level.
• Strong influencing and communication skills with credibility among internal and external stakeholders.
• Senior management experience in an organisation of similar scale and complexity.
• Strong management and leadership skills in line with GOC values.
• Skilled in delivering through collaboration with others.
About The General Optical Council:
We are one of 13 organisations in the UK known as health and social care regulators. These organisations oversee the health and social care professions by regulating individual professionals. We are the regulator for the optical professions in the UK. We currently register around 30,000 optometrists, dispensing opticians, student opticians and optical businesses.
Location: The City, London
Type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 34.75 per week
Salary: £76,993 - £90,580
Closing Date: 5pm on Friday 18th June 2021
You may have experience of the following: CPS Director, Director CPS, Head of Corporate Services, Corporate Services Director, Public Sector, Regulatory Affairs, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not For Profit, Healthcare Regulator, Social Care Regulator, NHS, Business Services Manager, Head of Business Services, Business Services Director, etc.
General Optical Council is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org