DASA - Enterprise Collaboration Service Manager (Salesforce)
About the job
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) finds and funds exploitable innovation to support UK Defence and Security mission quickly and effectively, and support UK prosperity. Our vision is for the UK to maintain its strategic advantage over its adversaries and build a safer future for the country and our people.
DASA is part of the Ministry of Defence but we work across all Government departments who have responsibility for national security. We are serious about making a difference to those on the front lines in the armed forces, police and elsewhere who protect us, and we are committed to supporting the innovators who can help.
DASA has four teams, Outreach, Operations, Partnership & Impact and Support Services. Support Services works with all the teams and provides the enabling functions including business management, performance management, programme management, and business analysis.
The Enterprise Collaboration Service Manager (ECSM) is a member of the Support Services team who will manage and enhance the existing configuration of the ECS Salesforce platform for Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Proposal Submission, Competition Workflow, Proposal Progression, Project Delivery, Chatter and Collaboration Tools, marketing and reporting.
This position is the liaison between teams who utilise the service for all aspects of DASA business and interaction, and our external users (stakeholders and suppliers) who will use various applications offered by the service. The role will troubleshoot existing functionality where necessary and perform business analysis in respect of new requirements. The individual must be able to work iteratively at pace to keep up with any changes in the needs of programme operations, policies and/or procedures.
The ECSM will also ensure that appropriate governance is applied to all communications through the service, moderating where needed and that it is consistent with wider engagement activities.
In this role you will:
• Provide support to DASA users in their interaction with ECS and related applications
• Task manage the ECS Administrator including, but not limited to, managing multiple user setup, profiles and roles, customisation of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, validations, process builder processes, workflow rules and visual flows.
• Manage the deployment of change sets and other metadata releases into the production environment and the process of User Acceptance Testing
• Work with the ECS Project Manager to manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers including contracted resource, implementation partners, Salesforce and the Dstl Commercial team
• Task manage contracted resource in respect of their delivery of fault resolution and enhancements
• Map changes in DASA business process to ECS system documentation
• Create and document application requirements, working together with those involved in the development of DASA service enhancements
• Prepare for and present at the ECS Change Control Board in order to provide visibility of pipeline of work and prioritise backlog.
• Monitor the security of the ECS using in-built tools to ensure that users are conforming to the System Operating Procedures and that the users are coming from authentic/authorised sources
• Resolve ECS related issues where possible and escalate support requests to management or the vendor as appropriate
• Manage the software testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating actual software testing
• Provides performance information on the workflow, workflow queues and escalations to the Senior Management Team
• Train new and existing users on system functionality
The role will require interaction across all members of the DASA team, and to liaise with industry, academia and SME organisations directly to help support them in the use of the ECS. DASA operates in a complex, fast moving environment in which there are a large number of stakeholders, suppliers and customers. It is essential to provide an online service that caters for the demands of those three groups, in addition to serving DASA business needs. The ECSM will be responsible for ensuring an open but safe environment that provides a coherent and consistent service.
We are looking for someone who has:
• An understanding of how Lightning Aura Components, Lightning Web Components and Apex code is deployed to and operates within the Salesforce environment is also required
• An understanding of the administration of Salesforce Experience Cloud (Formerly Community Cloud), its licensing model, user permissions and security / visibility settings
• A desire to work in an organisation using innovation for a safer future.
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be British Citizens who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to understand the work you will undertake to protect us from any security threats. For this reason, we regret that only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners across the enterprise. We work closely with the Defence and Security Industry on many projects, so it would be great to work with you via one of our partners.
• Degree or relevant experience with a strong digital element
• Salesforce Administrator 201 certification or above
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
Delivering at Pace
Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Salesforce database platform management
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
- Fully flexible working, including alternative working patterns, annualised hours, compressed hours and job share, to name a few.
- Flexible Working hours, a 12 month reference period and the ability to bank hours. Up to 20 hours can be taken in any calendar month
- Excellent learning and development to ensure everyone fulfils their potential.
- Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay.
- Chartership and accreditation support.
- Generous annual leave, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
- A competitive salary.
- Onsite gyms and restaurants.
- Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Our Diversity Networks
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
These include the following;
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Network
- Faith and Culture Network
- Parents and Carer Support Network
- Alternative Working Network
- Gender Equality Network
- New Starters Network
- Enabled Network, for people with visible and non-visible disabilities
DSTL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com