Head of Fundraising
Football Beyond Borders
• Transform the lives of young people in a brilliant Head of Fundraising role
• Corporate Partnerships and Trusts and Foundations experience essential
About Our Client
Football Beyond Borders supports young people who are passionate about football but disengaged at school, in order to help them finish school with the skills and grades to make a successful transition into adulthood. This is done by providing long-term, intensive support, built around relationships and young people's passions, in the classroom and beyond.
FBB is commissioned by schools to support students who are at risk of exclusion to re-engage with learning and develop positive relationships with their peers and adults. They currently work with 1,000 Key Stage 3 students across 45 schools across London, Essex and Greater Manchester. In keeping with national trends, students eligible for Free School Meals, students with SEMH (Social Emotional Mental Health Needs), and students from Black Caribbean and White British low-income families are disproportionately represented amongst the charity's participants.
Reporting to the Co-Director, the Head of Fundraising will oversee a small team to develop a fundraising strategy to grow the charity's annual income from £2.1 million per year to £3.1 million per year. This role has a particular focus on Trusts and Corporate fundraising and has the following duties:
• Lead on the creation and growth of the overall fundraising strategy focusing on trusts and corporate fundraising, developing clear plans to meet both individual and team goals.
• Oversee the continuing development of the charity's events and individual giving activities.
• Develop the charity's existing and new high value relationships to ensure sustainable income streams, as well as working to secure more 6-figure donations.
• Research and develop a pipeline of potential high-value relationships and corporate funders, using innovative methods to create new opportunities.
• Deliver high quality and innovative proposals and pitches to new potential funders.
• Oversee the work of the trusts, individual giving and corporate fundraisers, developing high-value bids and working together to spot new opportunities to drive income growth.
• Work with the CEO to secure one £500k+ funder for national expansion.
The Successful Applicant
• Strong track record of exceeding income targets in a Fundraising role, particularly within a Trusts & Foundations and Corporate Partnerships capacity.
• Experience of securing 6-figure grants and gifts.
• Experience of developing relationships with Corporate Partners, Trusts and High Net Worth Individuals.
• Experience of developing and implementing fundraising strategies.
• Ability to lead and motivate a small team, inspiring an enthusiastic, proactive and determined culture.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to network and engage at all levels.
• A passion for social justice and young people is essential, experience of working with young people is a plus.
• A strong understanding of the UK education system is desirable, as well as a commitment to supporting young people to reach their goals through sport.
What's on Offer
London location with periodic visits to Manchester HQ
Full time hours
Salary £43,000-£55,000 dependant on experience
Appointment subject to references and Enhanced DBS Check
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPJN0420212563468Z
Closing Date: 19/05/2021
Football Beyond Borders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org