Principal Pensions Officer
British Medical Association
Are you a pensions professional looking to expand your expertise? Want to develop an engaging career as a Principal Pensions Officer and be a part the of current debate over the future of healthcare provision.
We're looking for a principal pensions officer to join the BMA on a permanent basis. You will be a permanent home worker, but we`ll provide all the support you need.
As a pensions officer at The BMA you will:
* be helping members with their occupational pension queries and you will need to be able to explain complex matters simply
* be responding to a large volume of queries and will be supporting members with ongoing concerns and appeals against scheme decisions
* present at Pre-Retirement Seminars and field member queries
* create content for the pensions pages of the BMA website
* identify matters which could be pursued as BMA policy
The ideal candidate must
* be a strong team player; telephone queries are shared between the team and can be quite involved
* Have a knowledge of the NHS pension sche me as it applies to GPs and officersbe familiar with current issues such as pensions taxation and the McCloud case
Why work for us?
As a BMA employee, you`ll receive:
* Generous annual leave provision, plus 1 company day and public holidays
* Double matching pension contributions up to 12% of salary
* Season ticket loan (up to £10,000) after completion of probationary period
* Additional flexible benefits.
You may be working remotely initially, but we`ll provide all the support you need. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through our website. For any queries please email email@example.com
Diversity & Inclusion Monitoring:
We need your support to make sure our staff come from a variety of backgrounds so we especially welcome applications from disadvantaged communities. Even if you`re not selected, it would be really helpful if you could complete the diversity & inclusion data when you apply for this role, because we can make sure we are encouraging a diverse mixture of candidates to apply. Thank you very much.
British Medical Association is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org