Knowledge & Information Agent
£24,500 - £29,000
About the job
Dstl Digital Group (DDG) is Dstl’s gateway to internal and external knowledge with a vital role supporting not just Dstl, but also MOD, its agencies, the wider defence community and Other Government Departments (OGDs) with their information needs. As such, it has a multi-faceted role supporting not just Dstl, but also MOD, its agencies, the wider defence community and Other Government Departments (OGDs).
Knowledge and Information Agents (KIA) provide standard and bespoke services to a range of clients in order to support their information needs.
In this role you will
Engage with clients to determine/refine their requirements and advise on the best course of action to meet their information and knowledge needs
• Provide timely, literature-based research deliverables, enabling clients to make informed decisions, by exploiting appropriate resources for internal, academic and open source information
• Provide training to enable Dstl staff to fully engage with and benefit from the various knowledge and information resources available
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of colleagues and clients.
• Ability to present information in relevant, appropriate formats using appropriate language for audience.
• IT literate, with good knowledge of the functionality of Microsoft Office packages.
• Ability to effectively organise/prioritise workload in order to deliver work to deadlines.
• An understanding of Basic Information Systems, Information Management and/or Knowledge Management
• Demonstrable experience of supporting and influencing groups outside your local team.
• Demonstrable experience of literature-based research or literature-based work preferably gained in a scientific, technical, engineering, analytical, mathematical, or military-related domain.
• Demonstrable experience of assessing the quality and reliability of information resources
• Demonstrable experience of analysing scientific or technical information
• Demonstrable experience of presenting scientific or technical information in a variety of formats
• Demonstrable experience of providing effective training.
• Experience of using social media in a work context
• Experience and use of MediaWiki or other wiki software
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Making Effective Decisions
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
We'll provide a great range of benefits including;
? Fully flexible working, including alternative working patterns, annualised hours, compressed hours and job share, to name a few.
? Flexible Working hours, a 12 month reference period and the ability to bank hours. Up to 20 hours can be taken in any calendar month
? Excellent learning and development to ensure everyone fulfils their potential.
? Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay.
? Chartership and accreditation support.
? Generous annual leave, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
? A competitive salary.
? Onsite gyms and restaurants.
? Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Our Diversity Networks
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
These include the following;
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Network
- Faith and Culture Network
- Parents and Carer Support Network
- Alternative Working Network
- Gender Equality Network
- New Starters Network
- Enabled Network, for people with visible and non-visible disabilities
DSTL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com