Senior Engineer (Azure DevOps)
About the role
Join our newly established team, Common Application Platforms, as a Senior Engineer specialising in Azure\Azure DevOps and ESRI\FME technology. Work within a collaborative environment to deliver re-usable developer tooling to enable other OS DevOps teams to work with these technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in automation of Azure infrastructure through CI/CD pipelines with Azure DevOps and experience automating solutions using the ESRI and FME geospatial application server technologies. You will also be able to demonstrate an ability to take a leading role in technical delivery, providing technical coaching and mentoring to team members.
The role will include daily contact with stakeholders and team members. Code should be written using best practices to ensure it is clean and testable. You will be required to be fully conversant with Agile delivery methodologies and be able to prove a track record of delivering within such an environment.
What we’re looking for
· Experience in designing and implementing Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines
· Experience in automating ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise and Safe FME geospatial application deployment
· Experience providing technical leadership, coaching and mentoring
· Experience in software development, configuration management and engineering
· Experience in automation of IaaS on Microsoft Windows
· Understanding and advocate of best practice and patterns to help optimise delivery
· Ability to ensure software is secure and well-tested
· Knowledge of modern engineering best practice like TDD, BDD and Automated Testing
· Proven track record in iterative and incremental development
· Very good track record in problem resolution and selection of technical solutions/applications
Skills in the following would be advantageous:
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
· Salary: £40,749 - £45,543
· Performance related bonus
· A competitive pension scheme
· 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
· 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
· Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
This role will be based at our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Southampton. However, all our people, where they can are currently working from home.
We recognise that Ordnance Survey’s ambition to continue attracting and retaining the most talented individuals means providing flexibility where possible, which is why we’re keen to hear from suitable open to hybrid working; where there will be a split between home and office working.
Ordnance Survey is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org