Business Administration Apprenticeship
About the job
Dstl employs some of the world’s brightest people. We are always on the lookout for talented, dedicated, creative and innovative individuals to join us.
We have exciting opportunities for Business Administration Support Apprentices to join us. You will be part of a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees.
You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field, and gain insights that can only come from real world experience.
As part of a team, you will provide consistent, high quality general administrative support to the business by working with the wider support team to ensure all aspects of the service are provided in a timely and effective manner to the user community.
Your role will be to act as the first point of contact for internal requests for administrative assistance for both general business and project administrative support activities, providing the response within corporate guidelines.
Apprenticeships are a ladder of opportunity, giving you the chance they deserve to get on and fulfil your potential. Dstl apprenticeships give you the opportunity to earn while you learn.
The training programme is designed to enable you to acquire the underpinning knowledge and skills required for a range of roles across the organisation.
In this role you will;
In this role you will:
- Support the delivery of key business and operational activities (e.g. assets, risk and accommodation management, HR Reports, Timesheets)
- Support and facilitate highly effective stakeholder meetings.
- Support to evidence based decision making through the collation and provision of timely and accurate business information.
- Maintain SharePoint information, administering access permissions and maintain stakeholder contact information.
- Ensure that Division information is accessible, accurate and controlled to meet Dstl’s information management policies.
- Organisation of UK & International Travel.
- Maintain awareness of relevant briefings, changes to procedures and policies that may impact the Division.
- Adhere to the Civil Service principles to demonstrate resilience within the capability as well as across the wider Operations community.
- Ensure that levels of service are maintained during periods of absence.
The security of our work means that only UK nationals who have also resided in the UK for the last 5 years (10 years for certain roles) can be considered. Some roles will require Developed Vetting (DV). Unfortunately dual nationals cannot be considered.
5 GCSEs or equivalent at 4/5 or above which must include Maths and English.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Developing Self and Others
Communicating and Influencing
Delivering at Pace
Managing a Quality Service
We'll provide a great range of benefits including:
Fully flexible working, including alternative working patterns, annualised hours, compressed hours and job share, to name a few.
Flexible Working hours, a 12 month reference period and the ability to bank hours. Up to 20 hours can be taken in any calendar month.
Excellent learning and development to ensure everyone fulfils their potential.
Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay.
Chartership and accreditation support.
Generous annual leave, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday per year.
A competitive salary.
Onsite gyms and restaurants.
Staff discounts for high street and online shopping, restaurants and days out.
Our Diversity Networks
DSTL recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution. We have a number of support networks to ensure all employees feel supported at work.
These include the following:
• Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Network
• Faith and Culture Network
• Parents and Carer Support Network
• Alternative Working Network
• Gender Equality Network
• New Starters Network
• Enabled Network, for people with visible and non-visible disabilities
DSTL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org