Water Process Technician Apprentice - Leakage Control
Overview of the Role
Affinity Water are looking for talented and driven individuals to join us as Water Process Technician Apprentices - Leakage Control. The programme will follow the Leakage Programme pathway, with additional Distribution knowledge units. This is a varied and challenging role within our Asset Strategy operation, detecting leakage and unaccounted-for water in our network whilst providing an excellent experience to Affinity Water customers. This apprenticeship programme will consist of 4 days a month classroom training the rest of the month will be based out on site.
• Carry out District Metered Area surveys using various detection techniques across the Company area
• Work collaboratively with our internal customers to understand and facilitate their requirements
• Use mapping and telemetry software to enhance surveys
• Use works management systems to report and raise jobs
• Detect leakage and unaccounted for water in our network safely making sure that all hazards are reported daily and in real time
• Communicate with other departments on any network corrections or when we raise certain work to be repaired
• Work as part as a team to deliver the leakage target and assist other teams when required
• Write Method Statements when certain methodologies are used
• Complete all activities within Company policy to ensure water quality is always considered
• Minimum age 18+
• Grade A-C/4-9 in GCSE English and Maths
• Be self-motived, passionate to develop yourself and take ownership of your career
• Effective team working skills and support for others
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Be positive and enthusiastic and a self-starter
• Be curious and confident to ask questions
• Understand the value of stakeholder relationships and network with people of all levels and backgrounds
• Be able to apply everything you learn in your day to day role and any projects outside of this
• Eligible for funding
• Full clean driving licence
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job in a pleasant working climate. You will have the opportunity to create, shape and drive something new for Affinity Water. We offer a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the nature of the role, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Recruitment agencies need not respond. Details from this vacancy are not to be used for marketing purposes.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org