Your main responsibility is for Customs Clearance and associated reporting requirements for all BASF imports in the UK and you will also support wider logistics and supply chain activities as the need arises.
-You will work directly with vendors and associated Customs Clearance providers to ensure adequate operational relationships
and reliable supply of goods are maintained and will also provide feedback and support the creation of KPI information.
- You will also manage import clearance and onward delivery from port to UK sites for raw materials and intercompany purchases by
collaborating closely with appointed clearance agents and hauliers and communicating estimated delivery times as required.
- You will ensure that all import documentation is accurate, updated and filed accordingly and coordinate any customs entry amendments and submit a monthly Minor Post Entry Amendment return to HMRC.
- You will provide the in-house tax dept with Customs & Excise IPR data for imported and exported materials and support local tax in the case of an audit as well as data required for them to prepare the Tied Oils reporting to Customs and Excise.
- You will support the in-house Tax Department with any information required by them to complete any other HMRC reports as well as providing them with import clearance details on a monthly basis.
- Finally, as a member of the Logistics team there is an expectation to support
At BASF we offer a competitive package.
We are happy to talk flexible working.
Closing date: 20 September 2020
The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the activities involved in Customs, Logistics and Supply Chain.
- You have a good level of education (minimum A-level standard or equivalent).
- Ideally, you are APICS certified in Basics of Supply Chain Management.
- You have a good awareness of Customs legislative and reporting issues surrounding the import of chemicals and good commercial
awareness and knowledge of business processes.
- Also, you have strong IT skills in MS Office and can develop your skills with SAP R/3.
- Finally, you have good organisational skills, as well as good interpersonal and team working skills.
Together we can accomplish everything. Through the power of connected minds.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.basf.com/jobs.
We are happy to answer your questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel 00800 33 0000 33
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com