The Strategic Director within Education Scotland is a key role, working closely with the Chief Executive, and fellow Strategic Directors designed to provide a strong focus on ensuring the effective development and delivery of the agency’s overall aims and objectives.
As a Strategic Director, you will have strategic responsibility for a range of aspects across the organisation, which may include:
• Responsibility for ensuring Education Scotland works in partnership with Local Authorities, Regional Improvement Collaboratives and schools as appropriate
• Overseeing the development of support programmes and collaborative sector approaches
• Assuring quality and improvement in education, making significant contribution to the organisation’s suite of improvement approaches in line with Education Scotland’s Framework document
• Leading inclusively to steer the organisation through a period of change, role model new ways of working and positive leadership behaviours
• Leading and directing on effective and efficient development and delivery of corporate strategy and performance monitoring, governance and business planning
• Leading by example and acting as a role model for staff, providing visible and dynamic leadership through effective collaboration to deliver high quality outcomes
You will have a strong ability to engage with analytical and performance information at a strategic level, combined with a good understanding of approaches to quality improvement in education and collaborative leadership.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of recent success at a senior leadership level within the education sector, to ensure the necessary credibility with stakeholders and service users. The post involves providing a high-profile national lead role for the organisation and more broadly in relation to the sectors and issues that fall under its remit, and it is vital that the post holder commands sufficient personal authority and professional credibility in carrying out that role. If applicable, secondment from your existing employer could also be considered.
For further information about the role and details of how to apply, please go to: www.work-for-scotland.org quoting reference IRC84694. Alternatively please contact Shonagh Eadie, Scottish Government, Senior Talent and Staffing Team (Shonagh.Eadie@gov.scot).
The closing date for applications is 25 September 2020.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people and aim to employ a diverse workforce which reflects the people of Scotland.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com