Employer of the week
HEO Regional Safeguarding Outreach Officer
Salary:£29,274 - £33,897
Disclosure and Barring Service
HEO Regional Safeguarding Outreach Officer (x6 posts)
Location: East Midlands, London, North East, North West, Northern Ireland, Wales
Salary band: £29,274 - £33,897 per annum
Reference No: 62667
The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) is a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Home Office. We provide information to employers and other organisations in England and Wales (and barring information only in Northern Ireland) so they can make informed recruitment and licensing decisions, especially for employees and volunteers working with vulnerable groups. We also determine whether an individual can take up relevant posts by making decisions about inclusion on a barred list.
What we do really matters. Interested in joining us?
The DBS is looking to recruit inspiring people who meet our high standards and help us achieve our potential. As part of our vibrant team, you will enjoy excellent facilities and a warm and supportive working environment.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial or Commercial Lead, you will support them in the management of DBS suppliers, working in cross-functional and cross-discipline teams to develop and implement risk-based contract and supplier relationship management capabilities and to tackle specific contractual issues, enabling delivery of DBS services. You will be based in Shannon Court Liverpool, with occasional travel, mainly to London or Darlington.
1. Promote DBS as a Safeguarding Organisation
2. Responsible for the implementation, development and delivery the DBS Regional Outreach programme of work in your region
3. Proactively identify opportunities for Stakeholder Engagement and outreach within a specified region and develop and deliver them in collaboration with stakeholders and colleagues
4. Contribute to the evaluation of the programme
5. Maintain a high- level understanding of the safeguarding landscape locally and nationally, considering its relevance to DBS products and services
A full list of accountabilities can be found on our website.
• Experience of working with and engaging diverse groups
• A self-starter, with the ability to work autonomously
• Ability to work under pressure in a changing environment, coping well with ambiguity and conflicting priorities, and managing multiple tasks/projects competently and efficiently, while maintaining high standards
• Ability to share complex information in an accessible way
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional and appropriate manner
• Experience of working or volunteering in a safeguarding role or in an environment where safeguarding was a key consideration
Benefits: We offer a range of benefits including: generous annual leave entitlement; excellent maternity, paternity and adoption schemes (after a qualifying period); commitment to the health and wellbeing of our employees; employee assistance programme; flexible working opportunities; eyecare voucher scheme; and counselling and wellbeing service.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
The closing date for applications is 11.55pm, Tuesday 10th August 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org