Schroders Personal Wealth Regional Business Development Manager
Lloyds Banking Group
Schroders Personal Wealth combines Lloyds BankingGroup’s significant customer base, multi-channel distribution anddigital capabilities with Schroders’ investment and wealthmanagement expertise and technology capabilities. Our focus is on the personalrelationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by our multi-channelcustomer reach and our global investment expertise. Our aim is to become a topUK financial planning business within five years.
Would you like to be part of making this possible?
Following the launch of the new business, the RegionalBusiness Development Manager will have full responsibility for BusinessDevelopment in the region covering Cambridge & East Anglia As a key memberof the senior regional team, the Business Development Manager will support theregion by analysing, investigating and evaluating business developmentopportunities making recommendation to the Regional Director & securing newrelationships in order to meet the regional business plan.
* To lead businessdevelopment in the region having agreed the regional business development planwith the RD
* Have a detailedunderstanding of the local/regional business community and marketplace
* Have a detailedunderstanding of SPW client proposition and competitor positioning
* To identifypotential prospects within the region with the aim of building lastingrelationships
* Optimisation ofthe partnership between LBG and SPW in the region, ensuring opportunities andsynergies between businesses are fully exploited.
* Design andimplementation of enabling activity to support regional growth aspirations.
* Non-productpropositional development to unlock opportunities to develop the business.
* Activelyrepresenting the business with third parties and target audiences in line withbusiness need.
* Working closelywith the Regional Director to support the attraction of new advisers throughdirect to advisor / firm recruitment activity.
* As part ofoverall business development plan, agree regional event plan in consultationwith the Client Directors, host and/or attend client and prospect events
* Networking toprospect for new clients
* Working withbusiness (both LBG Commercial and NON LBG commercial
relationships) to provide employee benefit solutions
* To take anactive part in the Business Development forum helping to share and learn frombest practice and cross SPW collaboration.
Bachelor Degree or completed studies in either Sales /Marketing / Finance / Business desirable
Level 4 Financial Planning Qualification, desirable butnot essential
* A substantiallevel of experience, preferably in financial services or business consulting
* Breadth ofknowledge across the Wealth Planning Marketplace and Schroders Personal Wealthtarget customer segments.
* Strong verbaland written communication skills.
* Strong presentationskills.
* Good negotiationskills with an ability to “cold call.”
* An enterprising& entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to coach and inspire localcolleagues to adopt a similar approach.
* The successfulcandidate will be open and welcoming to change, be a creative and strategicthinker, have exceptional problem solving skills, and have an ability to stayfocused in times of uncertainty.
* The positionplays a highly collaborative role, interacting with colleagues and prospectsacross the region and the business, which will demand clear and effectivecommunication skills in order to facilitate successful relationships.
* Excellentinterpersonal skills; ability to build relationships, influence and command therespect of individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
* Outstandinglevels of dedication and work ethic; happy to get stuck into the‘doing’ while maintaining a broad view of affairs acrossthe business
* The RegionalBusiness Development Manager must be self-motivated, be a team player and havea passion for team building, be highly organised and be meticulous anddetail-oriented.
Why you should apply…
This is a great opportunity to be part of a growingbusiness
On top of your salary we will also receive a fullemployee benefits package including medical insurance and pension to name justa few
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy ourdedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. Here, you'llgrow as a person and develop your career. As a valued member of our team, we'llsupport to grow and advance you through excellent training and progressionopportunities. Our customers’ experience and success starts withyours.
Our ethos is to provide equal opportunities to all, andto ensure we represent the communities we serve.
If like us, you’re more motivated by customersthan by target, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led– come and talk to us. Select the Apply Now button to start theconversation.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email firstname.lastname@example.org