The Union MMU
£19,728 to £22,325 per annum
Could you be part of the team that takes volunteering to the next level at The Union, Manchester Met?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you will be responsible for the administration and development of the Union’s Volunteering service with a focus on delivering brokerage of high quality community volunteering roles. You will also deliver and continue to develop our programme of activities to enable a diverse range of students to maximise their volunteering experience.
Who are we?
Part business, part charity, part membership body – The Union is a seriously fun place to work. Professionally run, but different. Our professional team of over 150 people support elected student leaders to be effective in making change, improving lives and fulfilling potential. Winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of more than 550 students’ unions across the country. We’re located in the amazing city of Manchester, famous for its music, arts, sport, social heritage and diversity. With 38,000 plus student members, 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy, we’re one of the most exciting.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to support the Volunteering and Community Action Manager in the delivery of strategic objectives in Volunteering.
• You’ll act as a main point of contact for students regarding Volunteering at the Union and will work with charities and other organisations to grow the number of high quality volunteering opportunities open to students through the volunteering brokerage service
• You’ll help to build strong relationships with stakeholders to raise the profile of the volunteering service within the University and the community and work with elected officers to develop the volunteering service.
• You will contribute to the development of policies and procedures for volunteering based on best practice, Union policy and legislation and evaluate and action feedback from Volunteers gathered via Union mechanisms such as annual surveys.
Who you are
• Passionate about the development and growth of students and the value of volunteering with a great knowledge of sector trends, you also have an understanding and appreciation of volunteer development and recognition
• Highly motivated with the drive and determination to see things through and a flexible approach to work; you’ll stay calm in a sometimes hectic environment and be totally at home managing and prioritising a complex and varied portfolio of projects and work activity on time and to budget.
• You put your excellent interpersonal skills to great use in building relationships and working effectively with people at all levels and work collaboratively with other people and organisations.
• You’re used to producing accessible promotional, guidance and training material and delivering high quality presentations and training suitable for a variety of audiences.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road, in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
Apply now at: https://www.theunionmmu.org/about-us/jobs
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 22nd February 2019
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Tuesday 5th March 2019.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.
PLEASE NOTE: We strongly recommend that you do not provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
If you see a vacancy on Ethnic Jobsite requesting bank account details please email email@example.com